Sunday 21 February 2021

Part 2 - Limiting the limitless

Knowledge! It can limit ourselves or push away the boundaries of the unknown.

I initiated this blog announcing that I am autistic. There is a lot of misconceptions about autistic people in general. The common conception of autism is visibly dissabled people where you can identify easily that a person has a dissability just by looking at them. The truth is that autism lives inside you. It's a social handicap. People tend to think social as communication between 2 people. A part of social life is greatly used by one's emotions. Emotions are lived inside each of us. They live and are part of who we are. The ability to treat those emotions and what we do with what we have treated is part of our personality. For autistic people, like me, most of these emotions are detached and seem unexistant. What would usually cause happiness or sadness will simply produce a neutral face and feeling. What people outside do not understand, the neuro-typical people, is that inside us, there's a real life threatning puzzle that needs to be resolved. The proper execution of the response can lead to a total disaster or a happy ending. All depends on how fast and how well we treat that information. Since most neuro-typical people develop easily the momentum and quick responsiveness for such situations, we, autistic people will take way longer to treat the exact same situations. Therefor, a situation requiring a 5 second immediate reaction will take us 5 minutes or even 50 in the worst case scenarios making our reaction to the initial subject of a situation irrelevant thus making us look weird.

Thats one of the down sides of autism. Another well known side of autism is excellence in 1 particular domain in life. Some may become top note-worthy musicians, others, incredible artists or even professional doctors. There is another side of autism that is less known and not really taken into consideration. That is how we see the world and all details pertaining to anything of this world. Some may call, it other dimensions of this world. If you ask a blind person how he sees this world, he will describe it with sounds and feelings. If you ask a child about how he sees this world, everything is giant, big and amazing, even the most basic things. We have learned to accept these obvious perspectives, live and integrate them in our day-to day life. What about autism and those that have no visible dissorders? And when it comes to interactions and ideas, we are often rejected unless we have high academic diplomas to prove that we know something.

As I stated at the beginning, knowledge is a blessing and a curse. The blessing is found when we discover new things and share them to the world arround us. The curse is to constrain the knowledge by repeating what others have said and never going further.

I named this blog: An autistic and the Creator. I did so because I have studied the Bible in a way that few have studied it. Part 1 of my blog talks about the Bible being like a big telephone game where people have interpreted what others have said or seen. The christian world has some rules of it's own. Notably the fact that what has been taught must be taught again using different words. It's unwritten and unpreached, but when you assist to different preachings in different cities and even coutries, you get the same old subjects preached again and again. Most christians will even promote that idea through 2 main ideas:

1 Corinthians 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

2 Peter 1:12 Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.

Many christians and I repeat, MANY christians will use these 2 ideas to proclame that they know how to teach. The 2 main concepts are:

  • Repeat
  • You still don't know enough
I worked for a company back then. It was tough because I did not know I was autistic back then and I had a really hard time working. But for the time I worked, I used MSN messenger, yeah, that does not put me in a young age. I was not using it badly as I was chatting to my wife back then to know if I should get things at the grocery before getting back hame at the end of my shift. BUT, the rule inside the company was that MSN was totally not allowed. SO the boss saw me and got me in her office. She spent many minutes to scold me. When I left, I smiled to her and said good day, you should have seen the frown on her face. I also had a teacher back in highschool. I was in that period where your armpits start to smell but not yet used to wear deodorant. The teacher took me in a corner and started to politely try to explain what happens to kids becoming adults and how their bodies change. I stopped him and told him to tell me that I simply stink and need deodorant and not prolong the discussion. I understood.

After these 2 incidences, I never was told again. I uninstalled messenger and I always wore deodorant. I hate being double and triple explained things. Yes, practice makes perfect, yes kids need to have things repeated to them so the ideas and ways can sink in. But seriously, decades and centuries of being repeated the same thing over and over again? That's becoming excessive.

There's also this misconception that most christians are still like babies and drink milk. I've seen a conference with highly rated doctors in theology. I was astonished at how shallow and hollow their discussions were sitting there in front of everyone with microphones and given high importance because of their degrees and diplomas. I got bored so fast and even got angry because I had better things to say than those overused ideas shared by people who just look more intelligent because of prechewed teaching at school.

Anoher concept of the Bible is this:

John 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

This is actually helpfull for many people outside the christian world but also a source of fake testimony and justification for christians. It litterally says that not everything has been written which understates that there are many things that we don't know and has not been said. Most christians will use that and say that the Bible is more than enough and that humans are unable to take more.

Here is the point, we have a limitless Creator who can litterally do all things but there is no way for us to know more than what people have read out of the Bible? Really? What about this person who talks to spirits and can see or hear them. Can that person know more than what the Bible says? But again, christians will contest that saying that it's a sin to deal with spirits but this is for another subject. The point I am focusing on here is that humans limit what can be known by what past people have said. We are organised, as humans, to continuously repeat the same things. But I see things differently, I realised that what people have learned in the Bible is nothing compared to what the real message is. People are focusing on what is already known and spread that out claiming that they are mature and know these things but the truth is that the real person that has this maturity is the initial one that braught the idea. The person who invented electricity is the true genius not the copy cats. I am not talking about evolution here, that's different and all as much brilliant.

And to finish this off, Part 1 of my blog talks about human communication and language. Our language has limited our knowledge to it's furthest edge. You cannot go further than what one can speak. I have a really good friend of mine who taught me something important. I was continuously in a fight with my second wife back then and I wanted to know what she was feeling and spent several hours trying to talk her out. It was pointless and led to nothing. I made this guy come and he explained that many times it's worthless to talk about emotions because some of them are just impossible to word out, you need to let it be, felt and lived. This lesson made my recent mariage happy and more easy to live through. It also has opened up huge horizons about how the Creator created the univers and weirdly, you can relate that to computers nowdays but this is the subject of another article soon.

I learned that I was able to read the Bible and allowed to understand it the way I see it which is much different than almost all christians. And I know I am not wrong in believing it that way but a lot of christians will take what I say and try to push me down saying that I am not understanding it as it was taught for generations, I am adding or removing things from the Bible that should not and ask too many questions about things that were not said and therefor not necessary to know. So? Should I limit my knowledge or try and create the first electric bulb or phone? I chose to expand my knowledge and share with you the view of the Creator through the perspective of an autistic person.

"Everyone can know more if they're opened up to accept and look outside the common shell of knowledge."
David Richard (Qc/Can)

4 comments:

  1. My love, i don't know what to say but I love you. I'm sorry if I'm slow in adapting and making myself ready in these types of discussion but I love you and I want to be better for you but please give me more time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too my wife!!! Noone has the same capacities to understand, feel or even communicate the same things. There is no shame in being slow to adapt and I love you how you are!!!

      Delete
  2. My emotions are mixed. I find beauty and I am at awe of how you see things in a different view but at the same time i feel like you express it too nakedly and I feel like we're losing our sense of privacy. I have always been kept taboo of everything that I am inside so it's not just about you. It's more about me being ready to face the world nakedly. i love you so much and I'm sorry for all my weaknesses. I feel like a wolf looking strong and stable outside but with one touch I'd feel all the battle wounds I have endured throughout the years. I don't know if you're getting me but I just want to keep myself in the shadows and so it includes about personal matters about you and about us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, the real truths are hidden under the most obvious sights. The bare nakedness of the truth is usually what hurts the most. Often because we feel stupid because of how simple things are and we did not think of it or because we feel ashamed because we are not able to do or see things as easily. But in everything we are and what you are, my dear wife, your emotions and it's beautiful gorgeous mixtures make me feel alive. I was a lonely wolf in the shadows before meeting you and now, I want to create a pack with you and lead us together, let me be what you do not want to be and let your scars heal while I take the lead. We both have suffered but as many others, these scars will prove just how strong we are over time and lead to respect. May it be just a few people respecting us, it does not require the whole world to respect, simply those we love and care most. I love you Baby!

      Delete